To Register for the Course
The OPT Workshop can be found in Cystart under F-1 Student Services. It is listed as "OPT Workshop."
To Complete the Course
The OPT Workshop contains 5 modules. Each module contains at least 1 video and 1 quiz. For each module, you must score 100% before you can advance to the next quiz. If you do NOT score 100%, you will need to retake the quiz. You can retake the quiz as many times as you need. To successfully complete the OPT Workshop, you must finish all 5 modules. Once you complete all 5 modules, you will receive an email from ISSO confirming that you have completed the OPT Workshop.
The steps for completing the modules are as follows:
- Select "OPT: Module 1" to begin the OPT Workshop.
- Watch the videos from start to finish.
- Answer the quiz questions within the module and submit. If you do not receive 100%, Cystart will not allow you to proceed to OPT: Module 2.
- Repeat this process until all 5 modules have been completed.
- Once you have completed all modules, you can apply for OPT through CyStart by completing the Optional Practical Training e-form.