OPT STEM Workshop
To Find the Workshop
The OPT STEM Workshop can be found in Cystart under F-1 Student Services. It is listed as "OPT STEM Workshop."
To Complete the Workshop
The OPT STEM Workshop contains 5 modules. Each module contains 1 video and 1 quiz. For each module, you must score 100% before you can advance to the next quiz. If you do NOT score 100%, you will need to retake the quiz. You can retake the quiz as many times as you need. To successfully complete the OPT STEM Workshop, you must finish all 5 modules. Once you complete all 5 modules, you will receive an email from ISSO confirming that you have completed the OPT STEM Workshop.
The steps for completing the modules are as follows:
- Click "OPT STEM: Module 1" to begin the CPT Workshop.
- Watch the video from start to finish.
- Answer the quiz questions within the module and submit. If you do not receive 100%, Cystart will not allow you to proceed to OPT STEM: Module 2.
- Repeat this process until all 5 modules have been completed.
- Once you have completed all modules, you can apply for OPT STEM through Cystart by completing the OPT STEM Extension e-form.