2016 ISU International Scholarship
International Student Council
Each year, the International Student Council (ISC) along with the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) of Iowa State University, award scholarships to outstanding international students; this year, ISC and ISSO will award $750.00 scholarships to these students, for their contributions to the ISU community.
To be eligible for the ISU International Scholarship you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate international student (F-1 or J-1 Status)
- Demonstrate leadership or volunteering experiences
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have been enrolled at ISU for at least two semesters (Fall and Spring) prior to applying
- Have a minimum ISU cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduates
If you have already received this scholarship, you are not eligible to win a second time, and should not apply again.
Submit application materials including:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- One Recommendation Letter (We recommend you to request the letter from a professor or adviser, only one letter will be accepted.)
- An essay (no more than 600 words typed on a page with 1.5 spacing) stating the reason for your application.
- An Unofficial copy of your transcript printed from your AccessPlus account
- If you are employed, submit a copy of your paystub printed from your AccessPlus account
While completing the scholarship application, if a question does not apply to you, please write N/A.
Please put your name and University ID on each material, print out all the materials and submit them in one envelope to the International Students and Scholars Office at 3248 Memorial Union by
5:00 p.m. Friday, October 28, 2016. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.