2017 ISC International Scholarship
International Student Council
Each year, the International Student Council (ISC) along with the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) of Iowa State University award scholarships to outstanding international students. This year, ISC and ISSO will award multiple $800.00 scholarships to these students for their contributions to the ISU international community.
To be eligible for the ISU International Scholarship you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate international student (F-1 or J-1 Status)
- Demonstrate leadership or volunteering experiences
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have been enrolled at ISU for at least two semesters (Fall and Spring) prior to applying
- Have a minimum ISU cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduates
If you have already received this scholarship, you are not eligible a second time, and should not apply again.
Please put your name and University ID on each application material that you submit. Application materials include:
- Completed Scholarship Application (While completing the scholarship application, if a question does not apply to you, please write N/A.)
- Two essays answering the following questions (no more than 600 words per essay, typed with 1.5 spacing)
- How have you contributed to the international community at Iowa State University? What has been the impact of your contributions?
- How have you struggled as an international student at Iowa State University? How did you overcome these struggles? How have you used your own experiences to help other international students facing similar struggles?
- An unofficial copy of your transcript from your AccessPlus account
- If you are employed, submit a copy of your paystub from your AccessPlus account
How to Submit:
Submit files as PDF documents, and name each file using the following format:
1 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Application 4 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Essay2
2 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Resume 5 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Transcript
3 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Essay1 6 – LastnameFirstnameinitial – Paystub
1 – WaterburyW – Application 4 – WaterburyW – Essay2
2 – WaterburyW – Resume 5 – WaterburyW – Transcript
3 – WaterburyW – Essay1 6 – WaterburyW – Paystub
Submit completed application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ISC Scholarship Application” written in the subject line by 11.59 p.m. Sunday, November 19, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The 2017 International Scholarship Committee will review the applications and select the winners according to financial need, GPA, and leadership and volunteering experiences. Applicants will be notified via email by Friday, December 8, 2017 of their award status. The scholarships will be presented to award winners during the International Student Graduation Reception on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, in the Great Hall, Memorial Union.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Wyatt Waterbury via email at email@example.com with “ISC Scholarship Question” written in the subject line.