Inviting Friends and Family
In order to request an enrollment certification, please log in to Access Plus. Under the student tab, click Enrollment Cert. Click continue. Choose whether you want a certificate for Current enrollment (your current semester), All enrollment, or Advanced registration (future enrollment), and click the green link "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate."
International students often want a friend or family member to visit them in the United States. This usually requires that the friend or family member obtain a U.S. visa to visit. To learn more about the visa requirements, the applicant should review the requirements listed on the U.S. Embassy/Consulate website in the city where they plan to apply.
If an international student would like to invite an individual to visit them in the United States, it may be helpful for the international student to provide the visiting individual with an invitation letter. This invitation letter should be written by the international student and given to the visa applicant.
The international student can write their own personalized letter or can use the template provided below. When writing a personalized letter, you may want to include the following information:
- Your complete name
- Your date of birth
- Your status in the U.S. (include SEVIS number)
- Your address and telephone number
- Your relationship to the person being invited
- Complete name of person being invited
- Date of birth of person being invited
- Address and telephone number in home country of person being invited
- Occupation in home country of person being invited
- The purpose of the trip and details of where the person will stay
- How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in the U.S.
- The date the person you are inviting intends to leave the U.S.
It may also be helpful to provide a photocopy of your I-20 or DS-2019.
Download this Invitation Letter Template